If you have a business or enterprise, you should already know that being easily found on the internet is a great advantage. By reaching the right audience and offering attractive content, you can win more customers and consolidate your space in the market.
One way to do this is by ensuring that your blog or website ranks well on Google, using good SEO practices . To achieve this, many useful tools are used, with emphasis on SEO plugins for WordPress. Through them, it is possible to make the optimization process easier and more intuitive.
Therefore, we have selected some SEO plugins for WordPress that you need to know to boost your blog!
Why use a WordPress SEO plugin?
Maintaining a blog or website requires time and effort to think about topics relevant to your audience, produce content, make it attractive, set up pages and allow users to learn about your product or service. But what good is this effort if your website is not found?
Therefore, SEO has been an essential tool for businesses that want to optimize their websites and increase traffic , offering a set of strategies to improve positioning on natural results pages on search engines, generating conversions.
This process, however, requires constant effort. Content needs to be updated, revised after a certain period of time and adapted to current standards. Search engines such as Google frequently release updates, which include changes to so-called search algorithms. Thus, criteria for good page ranking can be added or changed.
Therefore, it is necessary to be aware of these news and try to keep up to date with the changes. With an SEO plugin , this becomes much easier, since these tools are always constantly updated.
Furthermore, plugins offer features that help optimize the website or blog, such as keyword optimization and control of titles and meta descriptions, making content management simpler and more intuitive. Some even have page analysis, indicating whether that content is optimized for SEO or not.
Therefore, SEO plugins for WordPress are great tools for anyone who wants to ensure optimized pages suitable for good results in search engines. See some plugins we have selected for you!
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the most famous and used WordPress SEO plugins on the market. It currently has 5 million active installations and a 4.7 star rating. With it, you can add SEO titles and descriptions to all posts and pages.
The plugin has functions that make everyday life easier:
- Keyword optimization: allows you to optimize pages and posts with SEO-friendly titles, meta descriptions and meta keywords;
- Content analysis;
- Snippet: Provides the user with a preview of how the page will appear in Google search results;
- Incorporate social media images into articles;
- Adds Open Graph metadata;
- Automatically generates XML sitemaps — which makes all content optimized for search engines to crawl site elements;
- Readability checker: Analyzes your text and checks whether it is easy to read.
Furthermore, the plugin undergoes constant updates, every two weeks , ensuring that sites are always optimized according to the latest Google parameters.
Yoast also helps with importing SEO data if the user installs another plugin to perform complementary functions.
Options: free or paid
2. SEO Framework
The SEO Framework’s unique feature is the automatic completion of critical meta tags in any language . Plus, it offers almost all services for free: no upsells or ads begging you to upgrade.
The plugin follows WordPress guidelines, which are also color-coded and allows users to customize the Open Graph, Facebook, and Twitter Cards protocols.
An advantage of this plugin is its ease of use: just customize the settings when users start using it. The SEO Framework has basic and advanced options, such as:
- Support for anonymous mode;
- AMP plugin integration;
- Spam comment tracking;
- SEO analysis;
- SEO location settings;
- Reduces the occurrence of error 404, interrupting pagination in WordPress;
- Automatic notification of search engines about site updates when sitemaps are enabled;
- targets search engines for comment pages;
- High compatibility with WordPress and PHP technology.
Options : paid
SeoPress is a basic tool for website optimization. The resource has all the necessary functions to ensure an effective SEO strategy , such as managing page titles and meta descriptions, supporting open graphs, creating XML maps, redirects, etc.
A big advantage is that the plugin follows WordPress and search engine guidelines, with easy CMS integration and the ability to generate SEO-critical meta tags in any language.
It is a basic and simple tool, adaptable both for websites starting from scratch and for businesses already accustomed to SEO. With an easy and user-friendly interface, SeoPress offers the user to find color-coded SEO guidelines.
- Highlights posts on social media;
- It has an inclusive color scheme to increase visibility for people with color vision deficiencies;
- Support for keyboard navigation and screen reader;
- Avoid duplication of content.
The plugin also creates XML and HTML sitemaps, optimizes tags with Open Graph and Twitter Cards, and allows visitor tracking with Google Analytics (GDPR compliant.
Options : free and paid.
4. Squirrly SEO
SEO Squirrly is one of the most recommended SEO plugins for WordPress for people who are not SEO experts, but want to start optimizing websites and blogs . To do this, it offers the main tools, in a simple and uncomplicated way.
An example of the facility provided is that, when the desired keyword is entered, green lights are activated in real time showing whether you are on the right track or not.
Therefore, SEO Squirrly helps you create content more focused on the people you want to impact, focusing on the keyword, in addition to researching bots. Thus, the tool allows your website to achieve better ranking in search engines, in addition to engaging visitors.
Among the tool’s functions, we can highlight:
- Real-time keyword optimization;
- Easy replacement of old plugins, keeping all settings from your
- previous installation;
- Competition analysis;
- Content reports;
- Monitoring progress weekly;
- Content tips;
- Title and meta description optimization.
Options : free and paid.
5. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is a WordPress caching plugin, with the aim of optimizing performance by considerably improving page loading times . It offers ease of use and configuration, combined with a much higher performance increase than free options.
WP Rocket also has the functions:
- Lazyload: tool to help load images by displaying them only when visitors scroll down the page
- Database Optimization: Shrinks the database with regular cleanups
- Compatibility with specific plugins for e-commerce, such as WooCommerce
- GZIP compression;
- Sitemap preload;
- Google Fonts optimization;
- DNS pre-search;
- Mobile device detection (makes the page more responsive and user-friendly);
- Compatible with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Varnish, Cloudflare and Sucuri.
Option : pay.
6. Broken Link Checker
SEO consists of a series of optimization practices, and one of them is eliminating problem links. When a website has many broken links, search engines may interpret this as a problem, and rankings may suffer.
Therefore, Broken Link Checker filters all content on your website in search of broken links, quickly . The tool generates a list, and from there, the user can remove the links completely or redirect them to other pages.
If you keep the plugin activated, it will continue to search your site and send you notifications when a link breaks. Check out the tool’s features:
- Automatic and fast content filtering;
- Link modifications through the plugin’s main page;
- Option to search and filter links;
- Comment monitoring, custom fields;
- Incorrect image detection and redirects.
Options : free and paid.
7. Rank Math
Rank Math is a plugin that facilitates SEO strategies, offering integrated solutions based on the best practices accepted by search engines. The tool already comes with all the resources to manage SEO in an intuitive way, which allows you to customize settings, control the pages that can be indexed and how the user wants the site to appear in search with structured data.
Rank Math allows on-page SEO management of pages, control of noindex / nofollow / noarchive meta tags of all taxonomies in general and individual posts or pages in particular.
Furthermore, the tool is easy to integrate with Google Search Console, which provides valuable information about the site’s ranking and directs it to the WordPress control panel. Among the features of Rank Math are:
- Configuration wizard;
- Intuitive interface;
- Tracking Google errors such as 404 error and redirection;
- Image SEO;
- Support for Open Graph and Twitter Card;
- XML site map;
- Adding appropriate metadata to posts;
- Product description optimization;
- Ping in search engines;
- SEO analysis based on 40 factors for pages, posts and products;
- Helps with ranking in local search results;
- Title and meta description control throughout the page;
- WooCommerce compatibility.
Options : free and paid.